For UChicago News, I’ve written about:
- the origin of the solar system,
- math education in Chicago public schools,
- that one time I spent a week in the Bahamas,
- the tiny but fascinating C. elegans worm,
- and a physics conference for female undergraduates.
I’ve been involved with the News Office since October 2012 as both a freelance writer and an intern. As a freelance writer, I wrote articles about the research in the Physical Science Division, covering everything from worms to supernovas (see above).
In my capacity as a sort of “uber-intern,” I managed the official UChicago Facebook page and Twitter feed, writing posts and tweets that promote the articles on the News Office website.
I also read through news clippings that mention UChicago and compiled them into a daily email blast to University administrators.