From September 2014 to January 2015, I interned at Sierra, the official magazine of the Sierra Club! You won’t find it on newsstands (you’ll just have to join the Sierra Club), but it’s a beautiful magazine for people who actually enjoy being outside and are allergic to Republicans.
My job as a lowly editorial intern was to write blog posts for the Green Life blog and fact-check articles. Put another way, I generated fresh and exciting content to attract clicks on social media, and also served as the stronghold of Sierra‘s journalistic integrity. No big deal.
(Also, my writing will appear in the March/April issue of the print magazine!)
For Sierra, I’ve written about:
- comic books that teach you about the environment
- the art of taking pictures of really small things
- how we’re talking about animal sex all wrong
- the wonders of animal poop
- how green spaces are saving humanity
- videos of animals doing silly things